Friday, November 22, 2013

The Kennedy Assassination, 50th Anniversary Among Other Things

The Tanner Insurance Agency, Inc. does not affiliate with a particular political party however this was such a moment in history. I thought I would blog about it, briefly.

I was too young to remember JFK Jr.  but of course I heard a lot about him.  Not just through the history books but from my family as well too, as I was growing up.

My grandmother was a huge JFK Jr. fan.  She used to collect dollar bills with the letter K on them. Everyone in my family knew this and they would save and give them to her or trade for an none letter K bill. She kept them neatly in an envelope in her top dresser drawer.  The envelope was so full it wouldn't close, I can remember.
(My grandmother is the dark hair lady on the bottom right)

Now that I think about it she collected lots of things, buttons, bells, and other forms of money.  Like the Susan B. Anthony dollar.  Coincidentally, she passed away on this day too.  The same day as JFK as if she had it planned.

Now that I am in the insurance industry I would have advised her she should check on her homeowner policy to be sure those items are covered.   There is usually very limited coverage on a homeowner policy for money and collectibles.

The proper way to insure these types of items is to schedule them on your homeowners or renters policy. Usually only if the items are valued over a specific amount is an appraisal required.

If you have jewelry, guns, furs, antiques, money, coins, or collections (even old buttons), you should check with your insurance carrier or agent to find out what the limitations are on your home or renters policy.

We offer free insurance reviews as well if you need help.

My blog is going to be hosted on our website by Monday - at htttp://www.tiains.com

We will be sure to have the link updated on all the other public sites it is on.

Thanks and Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment